The rattle’s legs can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children.
Month: March 2022
The lithium-ion battery can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
The alarms can fail to alert consumers to the presence of a hazardous level of carbon monoxide, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning or death. Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, poisonous gas.
The locking mechanism can fail allowing access to the contents inside the chest, posing a risk of poisoning.
The recalled helmets do not comply with the U.S. CPSC federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury in a fall.
The bicycle helmets do not comply with the positional stability and retention system requirements of the U.S. CPSC federal safety standard for bicycle helmets. The helmets can fail to protect in the event of a crash, posing a risk of head injury.
The ATVs fail to comply with the requirements of the federal mandatory ATV safety standard. The B125 ATVs exceed the maximum speed limitations for vehicles intended for children aged 10 and older. For the Madix 110, the parking brakes do not prevent the movement of the vehicle. In addition, the handlebars on both ATVs pose a laceration hazard should the rider’s body or head impact the handlebars at a high rate of speed such as in a crash. ATVs that fail to meet the mandatory safety requirements pose a risk of serious injury or death.
Federal regulations require bicycles with seat heights that measure at or below 25 inches to be equipped with foot brakes. These bicycles are equipped only with hand brakes and can pose a crash hazard or a risk of injury to young children who might not be able to stop the bicycles using handbrakes only.
When two or more high-powered magnets are swallowed, either intentionally by younger children or accidentally by older children, the ingested magnets can attract to each other, or to another metal object, and become lodged in the digestive system. This can result in perforations, twisting and/or blockage of the intestines, infection, blood poisoning and death.
The water immersion heater can overheat, melt or catch fire, posing shock, electrocution and fire hazards.